Have you ever worked on a project that is already predefined with set timelines and live date, even before you start the scope process? It reminds me of a Shotgun wedding.
- All the attendees are there because this event was forced upon them.
- The father of the bride is there to make sure all goes according to his plan, and can “fire” anyone who disagrees..
- The participants don’t really have a say in the matter.
- The go-live date is set and tied to another predecessor. (The bride will have another project go-live soon.)
- Everyone knows that the “marriage project” will not last.
Does your Strategic Plan assume scope and go-live dates?