Some amazing similarities between Epic and Meditech:
1. Both only sell software; get your hardware elsewhere, e.g.: Â Meditech from JJ Wild/Perot.
2. Both hire rookie implementers out of local colleges for their client hospitals to train...
3. Both are programmed in Mumps, and trying every few years/releases to put lipstick on that pig...
4. Neither have local offices; they'd rather you pay to fly them across the country on your nickel.
5. Both are totally top-down organizations, with all decisions coming out of corporate, not the field.
6. Both started out with clinical apps (Meditech = ancillaries, Epic = Ambulatory EMRs), then backed into financials.
Could Judy Faulkner have worked at a Meditech site years ago and copied them when building her cult/company?