San Diego-based CliniComp Intl., a global provider of mission critical clinical documentation systems, today announced that seven U.S. Air Force, Army and Navy military treatment facilities implemented Essentris EMR in second quarter 2010. The company’s Essentris system is a multidisciplinary EMR suite encompassing inpatient documentation, reporting and clinical surveillance for enterprise-wide workflow support to acute care hospitals, academic medical centers and integrated delivery networks. Essentris streamlines clinical workflows, simplifies access to unified patient data and helps organizations build a longitudinal patient health record.
Over a three-month period, CliniComp implemented Essentris at the following U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) facilities:
- Bassett Army Community Hospital, Ft. Wainwright, Alaska, is using the system in the Mother Baby Unit, Med-Surg Unit, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Same Day Surgery.
- Elmendorf Air Force Base (AFB) – 3rd Medical Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska, went live in the Ambulatory Procedure Unit, Anesthesia Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Multi-Service Unit, and Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
- David Grant USAF Medical Center at Travis Air Force Base, Calif., which went live last September, expanded Essentris to Mother Baby Unit, Labor & Delivery and Nursery.
- Mountain Home Air Force Base – 366th Medical Group at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, installed the solution in Family Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Same Day Surgery.
- Keesler Medical Center at Keesler AFB, Miss., is using the EMR in its Intensive Care Unit, Maternal Infant Unit, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Same Day Surgery and Med-Surg Unit.
- Royal Air Force Lakenheath – 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom, rolled out Essentris in the Med-Surg Unit, Ambulatory Procedure Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, and Maternal Care.
- U.S. Naval Hospital Rota, Spain, which in 2005 implemented Essentris in Labor & Delivery and Nursery, expanded the solution house-wide to Multi-Service Ward, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Same Day Surgery.