In this Healthcare Informatics Podcast, Associate Editor Gabriel Perna previews the Healthcare Informatics Summit with Mark Van Kooy, M.D., director of clinical informatics at the Aspen Advisers, a Pittsburgh-based consultancy firm. Van Kooy will be one of the event’s featured speakers and join a panel that includes:
- Sam VanNorman, Director of Business Intelligence, Park Nicollet Health System
- Curtis Boehm, M.D., CMIO, Park Nicollet
- Simon Jones, Director of Accountable Care Organization Information Technology and Program Strategy, Blue Shield of California
- Steve Tolle, Senior Vice President of Solutions Management, Merge Healthcare
- Russell Branzell, CEO, College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, (CHIME)
- Mark Hagland, Editor-in-Chief of Healthcare Informatics
Van Kooy discusses what he’ll be talking about at the Summit, specifically the power of analytics in helping provider organizations alter the course of delivering care through performance improvement and population health management. He also talks about what providers should do when investing in analytics and why population health management is not just a technological challenge, but a cultural one as well.
If you’re interested in hearing more on this topic from Van Kooy and attending the Summit, go here to register.