The ninth annual Microsoft Healthcare Users Group (MS-HUG) and Microsoft Corporation MS-HUG awards have been named. Awards recognize customers and industry partners improving healthcare through the use of Microsoft technology.
Microsoft Clinician of the Year: Robert Schwartz, M.D., M.P.H., University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Pittsburgh, Pa. Schwartz, medical director of physician relations, provided leadership in deployment of new operational processes supported by technology.
Microsoft Hospital of the Year: Boise, Idaho-based St. Luke’s Health System — comprised of three full-service hospitals in Boise, Meridian and Sun Valley — was recognized for extending portal access through mobile devices, freeing physicians from paper charts.
Microsoft Clinic of the Year: The Center for Assisted Reproduction, Bedford, Texas, was recognized because each department used computer technology to execute tasks and record and track activities.
Partner Award Winners:
Acute Care — Clinical/Patient Information Systems
- Digital Healthcare Ltd. — OptoMize iP
- MediServe Information Systems Inc.
- Philips Medical Systems — iSite PACS
- NextGen Healthcare Information Systems — NextGen EPM
- PatientKeeper Inc. — PatientKeeper Charge Capture
- QCSI — QNXT
Ambulatory Care — Clinical/Patient Information Systems
- Allscripts — TouchWorks Electronic Health Record
- Digital MD Systems — Digital MD Systems Doc
- NextGen Healthcare Information Systems — NextGen EMR
- Epocrates Inc. — Epocrates Essentials
- Galvanon Inc. — MediKiosk
- Unlimited Innovations Inc. — Cerecons
- dbMotion — The dbMotion Solution
- NextGen Healthcare Information Systems — NextGen CHS
- Wellogic — Wellogic Consult
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.