It's finally here. After nearly a year of waiting - I can almost smell the orange groves in Orlando and feel that sunny 70 degree weather that we all hope for. Yes HIMSS is right around the corner and this year, like other years, every major HCIT player across the globe will flock to Florida for 3-4 days of healthcare IT bliss. I can't wait!
This is the (very) best time to meet as many people possible under a single roof that can help you find a job or help you find talent for your organization. The best use of travel dollars in our industry! I suggest you use of your annual pilgrimage to HIMSS wisely and make this year count! I suggest you consider the following ACTION ITEMS if you are looking for a new career or want to interview new hires for your own team:
- Go the HIMSS website and search for companies or people that you want to connect with or meet in Orlando
- Join the HIMSS LinkedIn Group so you can send direct messages to people you want to meet with
- Attend multiple HIMSS vendor parties (it is easy to get an invitation) and use that as a networking opportunity
- Send an e-mail to people you want to meet or connect with and let them know why you want to connect
- Let people know what day(s) are better for you to have a private meeting
- Fill up your dance card (coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner) to see as many people as possible.
- Make sure you follow up with people you meet in O Town!
See you in sunny Florida!