The Chicago-based Certification Commission for Health Information Technology has appointed three new members to its board of trustees and five new commissioners, with terms beginning on Jan. 1, 2010.
New appointees to the board of trustees are:
- Lori Evans, M.P.H., CEO, ActiveHealth Provider
- William Jessee, M.D., president and CEO, Medical Group Management Association
- Stephen Klasko, M.D., CEO, University of South Florida Health, and dean, College of Medicine
The new commissioners are:
- Patricia Becker, vice president and CIO, University HealthSystem Consortium
- Barbara Byrne, M.D., vice president, information systems, Edward Hospital
- Timothy Elwell vice president, Misys Open Source Solutions
- Jay Srini, M.S., chief innovation officer, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Grace Terrell, M.D., president and CEO, Cornerstone Health Care P.A.
The following commissioners were reappointed to another two-year term: Linda Hogan, Ph.D., assistant dean and professor, College of Medicine, and director, Medical Informatics Department, The Common Wealth Medical College; Rick Ratliff, president, Virginia Division, SureScripts; and David Ross, Sc.D., executive director, Public Health Informatics Institute.