In preparation for its 2009 certification programs, the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT, Chicago) has named co-chairs and members to its 10 EHR Work Groups, as well as a special PHR Advisory Task Force.
The co-chairs are Mark Leavitt, CCHIT, and Paul Tang, M.D., Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Members of the task force include:
· Abha Agrawal, M.D., Kings County Hospital Center (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
· Richard Benoit, Intel Digital Health Group (Santa Clara, Calif.)
· Lorraine Doo, Office of e-Health Standards and Services, CMS (Baltimore, Md.)
· Steve Findlay, Consumers Union (Yonkers, N.Y.)
· Meighan Girgus, American Heart Association (Dallas)
· Theresa Hancock, Veterans and Consumers Health Informatics Office, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, D.C.)
· Leslie Harris, Center for Democracy and Technology (Washington, D.C.)
· Missy Krasner, Google Health (Mountain View, Calif.)
· Steve Lampkin, Wal-Mart (Bentonville, Ark.)
· Holly Miller, M.D., University Hospitals (Cleveland)
· Don Mon, American Health Information Management Association (Chicago)
· Anna Lisa Silvestre, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (Oakland, Calif.)
· Michael Stokes, Microsoft Corporation (Redmond, Wash.)
· Michael Ubl, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (St. Paul, Minn.)
A patient representative will be named at a later date.
The Commission also named 171 volunteers to its 10 work groups to develop the CCHIT Certified 09 criteria. In addition to groups that will update criteria for ambulatory, inpatient, and emergency department EHRs, and update the optional child health and cardiovascular certifications, new work groups have been created for PHRs and Behavioral Health. Other groups will focus on progress in interoperability, security, and privacy.
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.