Inpatient EHR products from Eclipsys, Epic, CPSI and Healthcare Management Systems have been fully certified by the Chicago-based Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology. Two other products from Siemens and Prognosis Health Information Systems have been "conditionally certified."
In addition to meeting underlying criteria such as security, the certified products were examined for computer-based provider order entry (CPOE) and electronic medication administration record (eMAR) capabilities, including related clinical decision support. The commission stated that it focused certification testing on these areas first because they have the lowest rate of adoption in hospitals but have been shown to offer the highest value for improvement of care.
Companies and products fully certified are:
- Computer Programs and Systems, Inc. (CPSI) — CPSI System, 15
- Eclipsys Corporation — Sunrise Acute Care, 4.5 SP4
- Epic Systems Corporation — EpicCare Inpatient, Spring 2007
- Healthcare Management Systems, Inc. — Healthcare Management Systems, 7.0
Pre-market, conditionally certified EHRs are new products that are fully certified once their operational use in a hospital site has been verified. They are:
- Prognosis Health Information Systems, ChartAccess 1.0
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA Inc., Soarian Clinicals 2.0C5 with Siemens Pharmacy and Medication Administration Check 24.0
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.