GetWellNetwork Inc. (Bethesda, Md.), a provider of interactive patient care solutions (IPC), has released PatientLife System 2.5.
According to GetWellNetwork, functionalities of PatientLife System 2.5 include:
- Patient Pathway Utilization Reporting — Creation of standard Patient Pathways reports, which are a virtual guide for patients through critical aspects of their stay.
- Role-Based Access — The system automatically configures the user's permissions to include access to the functions pertinent to that individual's role.
- Patient Profile — Functionality of the Web-based management console has been reformatted for easier viewing, "searchability" and prescribing of patient education.
- Distributed Video — Hospitals can house their own channel list and videos with on-demand channels.
- Classic Arcade Games — Classic arcade games are available to patients.
The PatientLife System delivers education, communication and entertainment tools via television or touch screen monitors, including enhancements that provide nurses and administrators access to patient activity data, says the company.