The Chicago-based Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Foundation is launching new college scholarship sponsored by Beacon Partners that will be awarded during the 2008 academic year to a full-time student enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. program related to the healthcare information management systems field.
The recipient will receive a $7,000 cash scholarship and an all-expense paid trip to the annual HIMSS Conference and Exhibition.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a member in good standing of HIMSS.
- Full-time student at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, Masters of Ph.D. program related to the healthcare information management systems field.
- Be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded, if an undergraduate applicant.
- Submit a 500-word essay according to the scholarship guidelines.
- Have not previously received a HIMSS Foundation scholarship.
An online application form is available at www.himss.org/scholarships. All application forms must be submitted online by Oct. 31.