The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), a not-for-profit corporation serving 1.4 million people in the Bronx, N.Y, is among the first to use the joint offering.
According to both companies, combining dbMotion's offering with Initiate's Identity Hub software for master data management (MDM) aids interoperability efforts by:
- Creating an integrated view of patient information across facilities.
- Responding to data reporting requirements, including pay for performance (P4P), Core Measures and JCAHO.
- Reducing duplication and overlap of patient data within and across hospital information systems through operational master data management.
- Empowering physicians with patient information from office visits and hospital stays across cooperating organizations.
- Providing referral doctors with access to patient information.
- Performing effective clinical analysis by combining insight across all research facilities.
Initiate Systems, a provider of enterprise master person index (EMPI) solutions, is based in Chicago. Israel-based dbMotion is a provider of healthcare information integration software that facilitates interoperability and health information exchange.