Philadelphia-based Portico Systems, announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by McKesson (San Francisco). Portico is a privately held company co-founded by Ned Moore and Scott Fraser focused exclusively on empowering health plans to transform the performance of their networks and significantly reduce administrative expense. The parties expect to complete the transaction in the next 45 days, subject to the satisfaction of customary conditions, including receipt of all necessary regulatory clearances.
The unified organization will have available to it the collective capabilities of Portico Systems and McKesson to help healthcare organizations:
- Transform network performance and optimize medical costs and quality;
- Accelerate speed to market of high value health plan products tailored for targeted customer segments;
- Align provider reimbursement with value through the right mix of traditional and emerging reimbursement methodologies;
- Ensure end to end integrity, performance and transparency across the payment continuum; and,
- Reduce administrative costs through workflow based automation and integration.