New York City-based Mount Sinai Health System has launched a new mobile application for patients featuring centralized information and services as part of the health system’s attempt to provide greater access to and utilization of health services offered.
The app, MountSinaiNY, was developed by Mount Sinai’s department of information technology, and will aim to serve as a one-touch patient experience. Initial features of the MountSinaiNY app include:
• MSHS general information: Access contact information, visiting hours, directions, parking, and amenities for each MSHS hospital campus, urgent care/walk-in and primary care location
• Find a Doctor: Find physicians and request an appointment quickly for any specialty at any MSHS location
• Pay My Bill: Easily pay bills through the mobile bill pay system
• Medical Record Access: Seamlessly access medical record information through connection with MyMountSinaiChart
• Stay Connected with Us: Access MSHS news, blog, and social media feeds
Future updates to the app may include enhanced telemedicine, way finding, symptom tracking, deeper Epic electronic health record (EHR) integration, and emergency management features.
Mount Sinai partnered with LifeMap Solutions, a subsidiary of BioTime, Inc., to develop the MountSinaiNY app. Mount Sinai has been working with LifeMap—the only commercial developer to participate in Apple’s ResearchKit launch—for more than two years, developing other mobile health apps together, including the Asthma Health and COPD Navigator apps, officials say.
“The MountSinaiNY app is a digital gateway to the many services we provide at Mount Sinai,” said Kumar Chatani, executive vice president and CIO, Mount Sinai Health System. “We continue to use innovative technology to engage patients while streamlining their experience within our health system.”
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.