The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) has announced new programming and educational offerings that will be part of the 2013 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS13) in New Orleans from March 3-7. This year’s latest offerings will be infused throughout the education sessions, exhibit hall programming and live-streaming sessions to provide attendees with the latest health IT content and enhanced networking opportunities.
“We are at the pivotal moment in healthcare we’ve all been waiting for,” Carla Smith, executive vice president, HIMSS, said in a statement. “Technology mandates and quality healthcare have finally come together in a way that we’ve never seen before, and in response, we’ve created specific content around the coming trends in 2013, with a particular focus on meaningful use, mobile health and consumer engagement.”
For example, the Meaningful Use Experience is a special interactive area on the exhibit floor for providers to view demonstrations of certified electronic health record (EHR) solutions—including complete EHR and EHR modules for acute and ambulatory settings. Providers will have the unique opportunity to view these solutions side-by-side, listen to vendor presentations and evaluate products based on their specific needs in a credible setting.
Additional new programming for HIMSS13 includes:
• Expanded Workshop Program – As part of educational offerings, HIMSS has added hands-on sessions around the mHIMSS Roadmap, Clinical Workflow Analysis, Health IT Adoption and Mobile App Development
• HIMSS13 Online – Registered attendees can access six on-demand sessions and 12 e-sessions; interviews with top speakers, broadcast live
• The Patient Experience through HIT Forum – Features three new sessions dedicated to the value of enhancing the patient experience
• Top 25 Education Sessions Roundtable Forum
• Clinical & Business Intelligence Symposium
• Extended Learning Webinars and Events
• Global Health Forum
• Public Policy Events and Educational Sessions