Santa Monica, Calif.-based Orion Health announced that its Health Information Exchange (HIE) solution has been enhanced to include a modular suite of components that allows healthcare organizations to more easily tailor a solution to meet their unique HIE needs. Through their experience with 22 diverse health exchange models internationally, Orion Health recognizes that each HIE project is unique. The enhanced HIE solution, being based around a common core with optional components that can be added as required, makes it easier for HIEs to plan and evolve the scope of state, regional, or enterprise health information exchange projects over time.
The core Orion Health HIE includes features to integrate patient data into existing systems, analyze and report trends, and improve the efficiency of healthcare business through a completely web-based solution.
Orion Health recognizes HIE administrators face complex decisions when making investments in technology to improve healthcare. The Orion Health HIE is aligned to the needs of growing HIEs, equipped with core functionality compatible with the initial investments HIEs need to make, and that qualify for available grant funding. The solution also includes patient-centered solutions that help improve outcomes and physician-patient engagement as HIEs become more self-sustaining:
• Patient portal that allows a patient to access their medical record, request appointments, view educational materials and communicate with their care team.
• PHR integration to 3rd party Personal Health Record products. Using the CCD standard, patients can download information from the Orion Health HIE to their personal health record, allowing patients more control over their health data and the sharing of this information with clinical staff, family and other care givers.
• EMR “lite” for Providers without an EMR that includes an easy to use ordering form that allows users to create ordering forms for Diagnostic services, referrals that permits healthcare providers the ability to process electronic referrals, which reduces processing time and errors,
• ePrescribing that allows physicians the ability to write e-prescriptions and allows patients to fill prescriptions at any e-interface Pharmacy.
• Case Management for managing patients with long-term conditions, keeping them stable and working with remote monitoring where appropriate.
• Analytics and reporting that provides standard or additional reports to trend population growth, condition growth or health care consumption growth over time.