The Premier healthcare alliance has recognized 21 of the nation’s top hospitals and three healthcare systems for their commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency with the 2010 Premier Award for Quality (AFQ). The honors were announced at Premier’s annual Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition in Washington.
3,788 hospitals and 346 healthcare systems nationwide were eligible to receive the AFQ. The award measures top performers at the overall hospital level, with consideration of performance-based criteria including clinical quality outcomes, resource utilization, and clinical process indicators. All acute care inpatient facilities in the United States that submitted data to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the CMS Hospital Compare project were considered for the award.
2010 Award for Quality winners are:
- Albert Einstein Healthcare Network of Philadelphia
- Albert Einstein Medical Center of Philadelphia
- Beebe Medical Center of Lewes, Del.
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center of Portsmouth, Va.
- Griffin Hospital of Derby, Conn.
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospitals of Fairfax, Va.
- Legacy Meridian Park Hospital of Tualatin, Ore.
- Maury Regional Medical Center of Columbia, Tenn.
- Memorial Healthcare System of Hollywood, Fla.
- Memorial Hospital Central of Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Memorial Hospital Miramar of Miramar, Fla.
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke of Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital of Darby, Pa.
- Mercy General Hospital of Sacramento, Calif.
- MetroHealth Medical Center of Cleveland
- Palomar Medical Center of Escondido, Calif.
- Palomar Pomerado Health of San Diego
- Paoli Hospital, Main Line Health System of Paoli, Pa.
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center of Torrance, Calif.
- Saint Vincent Health Center of Erie, Pa.
- Saints Medical Center of Lowell, Mass.
- Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital of Brockton, Mass.
- SSM St. Mary's Health Center of St. Louis
- St. Joseph's Medical Center of Stockton, Calif.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,300 U.S. hospitals and over 67,000 healthcare sites. Owned by not-for-profit hospitals, Premier works with CMS and the United Kingdom’s National Health North West in efforts to improve hospital performance.