A number of Siemens Medical Solutions (Malvern, Pa.) executives have been appointed to new healthcare IT posts throughout the industry.
Charlene Underwood, director of government and industry affairs for Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services, has been elected to serve on the HIMSS board.
Other appointments include:
· Donald Bechtel, chief privacy officer, Healthcare Data Exchange, was re-elected to the Board of HITSP to represent ANSI-Accredited Standards Committee X12.
· Hans Buitendijk, senior product manager, was named as a 2007 HL7 Volunteer of the Year. Buitendijk was also re-elected to the HL7 Board.
· Michael Campana, ambulatory marketing and business manager, was elected chairperson of the HIMSS Electronic Health Record Vendors Association (EHRVA) Communications Work Group.
· Joe D’Antonio, a senior manager for Soarian HIM product development, and Denise Dunyak, marketing manager for Soarian HIM and EDM solutions, were both named members of AHIMA’s Action Community for e-HIM Excellence. D’Antonio was also elected Chair of AHIMA’s Foundation of Research and Education Board.
· Susan Matney, clinical informatics, was appointed to the American Nurses Association’s Committee for Nursing Practice Information Infrastructure, a standing committee of the Congress on Nursing Practice and Economics.
· Michele McGlynn, manager of government and industry affairs, was selected for the eHealth Initiative Policy Steering Committee.
· Kathleen Ochal-Thompson, revenue cycle product manager, was elected as the vendor representative for the National Uniform Claims Committee on behalf of HIMSS and the Association for Electronic Health Care Transactions.
· Henri “Rik” Primo, director of marketing and strategic relationships for the Image and Knowledge Management Division of the Customer Solutions Group, was re-elected as chairman of the Medical Imaging Informatics Section of the Medical Imaging and Technology Alliance, a division of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association.