UC Davis Health System and the California Telehealth Network ( CTN ) announced more than $5 million in awards to 15 community groups across California to advance health using telecommunications technologies and help provide examples of eHealth activity for other communities to follow.
The Broadband Adoption Model eHealth Communities Awards are designed to assist California communities in becoming best-practice examples in the use and integration of technology to improve health and health care for local residents. The communities were identified through a rigorous selection process that required each applicant to meet certain criteria and demonstrate collaborative ideas and activities to help address complex health-delivery issues. The funds will be used to acquire eHealth technologies and telehealth equipment to connect with the broadband system that CTN is now establishing around the state.
The awardees span 26 counties in rural, urban and suburban regions, as well areas in Northern, Central and Southern California, a few of which are considered so remote that they are termed "frontier" regions. Special consideration was given to applicants who addressed the needs of vulnerable populations, including residents of medically underserved regions, older adults, at-risk youth and children.
Model eHealth Community Awards
- Alameda County Health Services Agency, Model eHealth Community ( Alameda County )
- Access El Dorado ( ACCEL ) ( El Dorado County )
- California Rural Indian Health Board Model eHealth Community ( multiple rural Indian Health clinics throughout California )
- College of the Siskiyous, Siskiyous eHealth Collaborative ( Siskiyou, Lassen and Shasta counties )
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino, Model eHealth Community Project ( San Bernardino County )
- Connecting to Care, Modoc County Model eHealth Community ( Modoc County )
- Connecting to Care, Sierra-Nevada Model eHealth Cancer Community ( Sierra, Nevada and Plumas counties )
- Center for Technology Innovation & Wellbeing, Model eHealth Community for the Aging - Southern California ( Los Angeles)
- LA Care Health Plan, LA Model eHealth Community ( Los Angeles )
- North Coast Clinics Network, Model eHealth Community ( Humboldt County )
- Plumas District Hospital, Model eHealth Community ( Plumas County )
- Redwood MedNet, Model eHealth Community - North Coast ( Humboldt, Mendocino, and Sonoma counties )
- Southern Sierra Telehealth Network Community ( Inyo, Kern and Mono counties )
- UC San Francisco, San Francisco Model eHealth Community ( City of San Francisco )
- Venice Family Clinic Model eHealth Community ( Los Angeles )