Please register to download
Combining leadership engagement, Epic electronic health record (EHR) integration, and Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC), units at Community Regional Medical Center that utilized GetWellNetwork improved patient satisfaction scores.
Through the auditing of more than 2,000 patient charts, they came to realize there were opportunities for care delivery improvements, such as:
- documenting patient education
- medication teaching
- enhancing communication
- improving workflow processes
Community Regional recognized that engaging patients and families in their health would impact care delivery in each of these areas, and selected GetWellNetwork’s Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC) technology to facilitate this effort. Keeping in mind the needs of the patient and bedside nurse, the facility integrated IPC with its electronic health record (EHR) system, Epic, to streamline workflows and document medication teaching.
Units that had utilized GetWellNetwork for three months or more improved patient satisfaction scores in the following ways:
- HCAHPS Question: Staff described what medication was for – 6.75 percent average increase
- HCAHPS Question: Staff described potential medication side effects – 9 percent average increase
- Combined HCAHPS Medication Communication Dimension – 10 percent average increase
Download this white paper today to read more about how having organized metrics can be the key to not only showing success but also help tie actions to outcomes.