Skarulis Named CIO of the Year
Patricia Skarulis, vice president and CIO Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York), has been awarded the CHIME-HIMSS John E. Gall Jr. CIO of the Year Award as part of the Annual Awards Program from Chicago-based HIMSS.
Skarulis was one of two members of the Healthcare Informatics editorial board to earn recognition; Bryan Bergeron, M.D., nabbed a Publishing Award for Book of the Year as author of "Developing a Data Warehouse for the Healthcare Enterprise." The other recipient was Ronald Sterling, CPA, MBA, who wrote "Keys to EMR Success: Selecting and Implementing an Electronic Medical Record."
All winners will be honored at HIMSS’ Awards and Recognition Banquet on Saturday, April 4, at the Fairmont Chicago Hotel.
Other winners included:
· Nursing Informatics Leadership Award: Rosemary Kennedy, R.N., MBA, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Siemens Medical Solutions
· Physician IT Leadership Award: Brian R. Jacobs, M.D., CMIO and Executive Director, Center for Pediatric Informatics, Children’s National Medical Center
· ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering/IT Synergies Award: Todd H. Cooper
· SHS-HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award: Lawrence E. Dux, CPHIMS, FHIMSS
· Organizational Award of Excellence: Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine
· Davies Awards of Excellence, Public Health: Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority, Cherokee, N.C. and New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Trenton, N.J.
· Davies Awards of Excellence, Ambulatory Care: Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.; Oklahoma Arthritis Center, Edmond, Okla.; and Palm Beach Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lake Worth, Fla.
· Community Health Organizational Award of Excellence: Columbia Basin Health Association, Othello, Wash.; Community Health Access Network, Newmarket, N.H.; New York Children’s Health Project, New York; White River Rural Health Center Inc., Augusta, Ark.