For more than a decade, Healthcare Informatics has honored those at the forefront of healthcare IT innovation with its Innovator Awards signature issue. The Healthcare Informatics Innovator Awards Program recognizes leadership teams from patient care organizations—hospitals, medical groups, integrated health systems, and other healthcare organizations—that have effectively deployed information technology in order to improve clinical, administrative, financial, or organizational performance. The Program also distinguishes vendor solution providers that have helped their clients shine in enhancing clinician workflow, exchanging data, or cutting down costs.
Indeed, this year the Innovator Awards program will include two tracks for innovation recognition - one for healthcare provider organizations and one for technology solution providers.
We’re accepting nominations until December 7, 2016
As in previous years, provider organizations will be asked to describe a recent project in which their leadership teams effectively employed information technology to make a difference in their organizations and in the industry at large.
Leaders of past winner organizations describe receiving the Innovator Awards as motivating them towards further innovation in healthcare.
The 2016 winners were:
Vendor Solution Providers
Vendors are asked to describe their core products or services that have excelled in enhancing clinician workflow, exchanging data, or cutting down costs. Applicants will be judged on three different categories: Workflow Enhancement, Interoperability and Cost Savings.
The 2016 winners in the three categories were:
- The first-place organization’s leaders are prominently featured in the Healthcare Informatics January 2017 issue, including photos on the cover page of print and digital issues. (Healthcare Providers)
- The top three finalists will be:
- Featured in January 2017 articles in print and online
- Honored at the prestigious Healthcare Informatics Innovator Awards Reception at HIMSS17
- Recognized with a personalized achievement award and certificate
- Receive industry recognition
- Are granted licensure for use of the official Healthcare Informatics Innovator logo on all 2017 organizational materials.
- Are featured in Healthcare Informatics online coverage
- Are featured in a dedicated email