IBM recently launched a Grid Medical Archive Solution (GMAS) that provides hospitals, clinics, research institutions and pharmaceutical companies with an enterprise storage archive for delivering medical images, patient records and other healthcare reference information.
According to IBM, the clinical and IT benefits offered by GMAS are:
- Improved clinical application reliability
- Data protection for life
- Petabyte scalability and improved enterprise storage utilization
- Multi-site, multi-application and multi-tier operation
- Ability to leverage existing investments, including non-IBM hardware
- Decreased total cost of ownership
- Elimination of hardware vendor lock-in
GMAS is a packaged solution based on IBM's System Storage EXP3000, System Storage Grid Access Manager, System x 3650 servers and IBM Global Technology Storage Services, says the software company.
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.