Malibu, Calif.-based PCG software, a provider of software solutions for healthcare payer and provider organizations, has upgraded its Virtual Examiner.
PCG outlines the software's key enhancements:
- 2,500 new VE core (non-CCI) edits
- New fraud and abuse report section
- Top 40 unbundling by group and by provider
- Double bills submitted by group
- Churning: Outlier hours/quantities and overrides
- Spiking: Bill submission frequency by group and provider
- Trending: E&M bell curve analysis by group and provider
According to PCG, its software is designed to protect against fraudulent and abusive billing practices.