Despite an increase in revenues of 10 percent, Eclipsys Corporation suffered a rough quarter, with one-time charges leaving the company looking at profits down 88 percent, to $290,000, compared to $2.4 million last year.
Costs, charges and gains included:
• Costs of $1.7 million associated with the relocation of the corporate headquarters from Boca Raton, Fla., to Atlanta.
• Costs of $2.0 million associated with the defense and anticipated settlement of derivative litigation.
• A charge of $1.3 million associated with the acquisition of EPSi.
• Additional gain of $2.0 million resulting from the sale of the Clinical Practice Model Resource Center business.
• A charge of $1.5 million resulting from a change in the company’s estimate for uncertainties in income taxes.
• Stock-based compensation expense of $3.3 million.
Excluding these factors, the company saw 32 percent growth in non-GAAP net income, to $8.1 million from $6.2 million a year ago.
Get the latest information on Health IT and attend other valuable sessions at this two-day Summit providing healthcare leaders with educational content, insightful debate and dialogue on the future of healthcare and technology.