For more than a decade, Healthcare Informatics has honored those at the forefront of healthcare IT innovation with its Innovator Awards signature issue. The Healthcare Informatics Innovator Awards Program recognizes leadership teams from patient care organizations—hospitals, medical groups, integrated health systems, and other healthcare organizations—that have effectively deployed information technology in order to improve clinical, administrative, financial, or organizational performance.
The Program also once again distinguishes vendor solution providers, who are asked to describe their core products or services in five brand new categories this year. Indeed, for the first time, we are asking vendors to submit their innovation in one of five critical health IT areas:
- Data Security
- Value-Based Care
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Data Analytics
- Patient Engagement.
We’re accepting nominations until December 1, 2017.
- The first-place organization’s leaders are prominently featured in the Healthcare Informatics January/February 2018 digital issue
- A free booth at one of our HIT Summit Series events, the city of your choosing (vendor track only)
- Free digital distribution of whitepapers to all HIT Summit Series attendees. (vendor track only)
- The top three finalists will be:
- Featured in January/February 2018 articles online and in the digital edition
- Recognized with a personalized achievement award and certificate
- Receive industry recognition
- Are granted licensure for use of the official Healthcare Informatics Innovator logo on all 2018 organizational materials.
- Are featured in Healthcare Informatics online coverage
- Are featured in a dedicated email
As in previous years, provider organizations will be asked to describe a recent project in which their leadership teams effectively employed information technology to make a difference in their organizations and in the industry at large.
Leaders of past winner organizations describe receiving the Innovator Awards as motivating them towards further innovation in healthcare.
The 2017 winners were:
Vendor Solution Providers
Vendors are asked to describe their core products or services that have excelled in five brand new health IT subsectors. Applicants will be judged on the following categories: